INTRODUCTION TO THE HINO BRAND
Hino Motors Limited is a company that has a long and deep rooted history in diesel engined trucks and busses that dates back to 1910 when the company was first established as the Tokyo Gas Industry Co. Ltd. in Japan. The name ‘Hino’ is derived from the name of the city which gave birth to the production plant and factory, Hino city in Japan.
Since then they have grown and developed a range of global products for all types of different transport applications. It is therefore no surprise that Hino trucks continue to enjoy the biggest share of the domestic truck market in Japan and have done so for many decades already as they have become well known for their QDR (Quality, Durability & Reliability) attributes.
Hino continues to grow their global footprint and have a number of production facilities in many different countries such as Thailand, Australia, China, Pakistan, America and South Africa.
HINO – the global brand for all customers!
HINO BUSINESS IN AMS
Hino Motors Limited (HML) appointed AMS (Africa Mobility Solutions Pty Ltd) as the official Distributor of Hino products for Angola, Mozambique, Malawi, Mauritius, Seychelles, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Using the official Toyota Distributor footprint in these countries, AMS appointed these as Hino Sub-Distributors using their infrastructure, skill and experience in those markets to market and support Hino products.
Our product range for RHD Sub-Sahara Africa countries comprises the:
- 300 Series HINO 300 Spec Sheet
- 500 Series HINO 500 Spec Sheet Standard cab | Wide cab
- 700 Series HINO 700 Spec Sheet
Note: for Angola (left hand drive), Mauritius and Seychelles a different range is approved. Contact us for more details.
All models have been specifically selected to ensure that they meet the challenging operating conditions in Africa. The big advantage of such ‘appropriate technology’ based products create a longer operating life cycle and up-time to truck owners, a critical need in any business.
With ‘Total Support’ being the main driving force for Hino customer satisfaction, AMS play the role of providing on-going support and skill development to our territories. The Hino team at AMS represent an accumulation of many years of truck focused industry experience to provide transport solutions and aftersales support to our customers.
Most of our truck body conversions are done in SA, according to pre-arranged customer specific applications. They are then exported to their final destination where they are prepared for delivery and handed over to the purchasing customer.
ORGANISATION AND CONTACT DETAILS
Hino business at AMS is based in Sandton (Gauteng, SA)
AMS currently supply and provide support on HINO products that are represented and distributed in the following territories through our appointed National Distributor network as follows:
- Angola – Toyota de Angola
- Benin – CFAO Motors Benin
- Burkina Faso – CFAO Motors Burkina Faso
- Cameroon – CAMI
- Central African Republic – CFAO Motors Centrafrique
- Chad – CFAO Motors Tchad
- Congo – CFAO Motors Congo
- DRC – CFAO Motors RDC
- Equitorial Guinea – CFAO Motors Ecuatorial Guinea
- Ethiopia – MOENCO Group
- Gambia – CFAO Motors Gambia
- Guinea – CFAO Motors Guinee
- Guinea-Bissau – CFAO Motors Guinea Bissau
- Ivory Coast – CFAO Motors Cote d’Ivoire
- Kenya – Toyota Kenya
- Liberia – CICA Motors Liberia
- Malawi – Toyota Malawi
- Mauritania – CFAO Motors Mauritanie
- Mauritius – Toyota Mauritius
- Mali – CFAO Motors Mali
- Morocco – CFAO Motors Maroc
- Mozambique – Toyota de Mozambique
- Niger – CFAO Motors Niger
- Senegal – CFAO Motors Senegal
- Sierra Leone – CICA Motors Sierra Leone
- Seychelles – AV Group
- Tanzania – Toyota Tanzania
- Togo – CFAO Motors Togo
- Uganda – Toyota Uganda
- Zambia – Toyota Zambia
- Zimbabwe – Toyota Zimbabwe
Should you have any Hino queries you are welcome to contact:
AMS Hino team:
Tel: +27 11 779 6700